Autor Thema: RichText in Tables makes the Notes Client unstable  (Gelesen 2578 mal)

Offline Antibes

• Frischling
    • Hans Holt's BLOG
Sory to write in English!

I have made use og the !!Help!! Notes application based on version 1.5.

I have added a WEB interface for users to make them able to follow their Tickets without Notes access to the database.

This is for use by different customers who write, phone or make there Tickets on the web.

By using the system - I have fount that some times the tickets make the Notes Client crash. A debug of the problem did not help anything, but if I changed the RichText 'Body' by en agent, to make it into simple text the problem for the ticket disappeared.

If I look at a ticket, that will crash the Notes Client, from the web, I can see some of the table parts following the Richtext field form the Notes form, but this part is not included in the form used to show the ticket on the web. This shows me that the RichText field has been corupted during the use in Notes.

I hav the redesigned the different Notes Forms to put the RichText field outside any table - and wiz - the syatem becomes stable... 8)

Regards,

Hans Holt
http://www.convergens.dk/HHA

Offline Thomas Schulte

• @Notes Preisträger
  • Gold Platin u.s.w. member:)
  • Ich glaub mich tritt ein Pferd
Re: RichText in Tables makes the Notes Client unstable
« Antwort #1 am: 26.04.06 - 12:14:15 »
Hi Hans and welcome with atnotes.

Thank you for your response. We in fact did redesign some of the appearances of rtfields in tables due to the same facts you mentioned. This redesign will be available in version 1.5.1.
If you want to you could give your chenages to Ulrich or to me and we would take a look at them and integrate them into the system if possible. We are especially interested in your effort to give the users web access to the database.
Thomas Schulte

Collaborative Project Portfolio and Project Management Software

"Aber wo wir jetzt einmal soweit gekommen sind, möchte ich noch nicht aufgeben. Versteh mich recht, aufgeben liegt mir irgendwie nicht."

J.R.R.Tolkien Herr der Ringe, Der Schicksalsberg

OpenNTF Project: !!HELP!! !!SYSTEM!!  !!DRIVER!!

Offline Antibes

• Frischling
    • Hans Holt's BLOG
« Antwort #2 am: 26.04.06 - 13:34:36 »
I have attached my template to this response.

The Web interface uses only one view as the users can only create tickets like mail, watch their own and coworkers tickets - Not tickets from other companies.

In the view presented on the web, you can select to work with Java (from Sun) or HTML and you select which parts Open, InProgress, Cancled or Closed incidents you want to see.

When you view a ticket or other documents, you can make replies that will be mailed to those you decide and saved in the database.

I am just starting to implement this in our company, so changes may arrise when more customers claim new functions.

Based on the customers mailadress I create e persondocument in a NAB on the server. The persons Notes name will be the real name of the person followed by a slash and the domain from the mailadress, but without dot or countrycode.

When a customer is created, he will receive a mail and before he can login, he must claim a password. The password is generated automatically and sendt the the customers mailaddress. Afterwords, he is free to change his password. This part of the solution is NOT implemented in my version of the helpdesk, but in a separate configuration database. I mention it here to tell how I can have covorkers se each others documents. All documents have a reader field added with */CompanuName - quite simple.

I have not used your way to be able to translate the application - as this will complicate my work futher, but when the functions are OK this could be changed.

Regards,

Hans Holt

Offline Antibes

• Frischling
    • Hans Holt's BLOG
« Antwort #3 am: 26.04.06 - 13:40:05 »
 :D

Here are pictures as seen with Java and HTML

Impressum Atnotes.de  -  Powered by Syslords Solutions  -  Datenschutz