Autor Thema: warum websphere, wenn es J2ee auch umsonst gibt  (Gelesen 1851 mal)

Offline Axel_Janssen

• Gold Platin u.s.w. member:)
warum websphere, wenn es J2ee auch umsonst gibt
« am: 13.08.03 - 16:07:41 »
wichtige Frage.

hab was intelligentes gefunden.
Zitat
aus TSS Diskussion über Geronimo:

There are really 2 tiers to the J2EE servers: Tier 1) those that provide a complete middleware stack needed to build "enterprise" applications and Tier 2) those that provide enough of the middleware stack to build applications.

Tier 2 includes servlet/JSP, EJB, JMS and all the necessary J2EE pieces. Servers that fall under this space include JRun, JBoss and many others.

Tier 1 includes everything from Tier 2 plus integration tools (typically BPM capabilities), advanced transaction tools (e.g., TXSeries), portal, commerce and more. Servers that fall under this space include WebSphere, WebLogic, 9iAS and Sun ONE.

I don't think the tier 1 vendors really try to compete for the tier 2 space anymore -- application servers are simply a commodity at this point. Instead, they are focusing on the APS (application platform suite) concept that Gartner has recently been pushing. For many larger organizations ($200MM and up), paying $30k-$100k/CPU for BPM alone is worth it. If you can provide portal and other capabilities as well, it is an easy business ROI determination.

Realistically, competition for many of these guys now lies with the ERP vendors such as SAP and PeopleSoft. Oracle is in something of a nice position since they are both an ERP and Tier 1 J2EE vendor.

Russ

P.S. This message is not intended to be flame bait... I'm sure many out there will not like my "tier 1" vs. "tier 2" labels. Hopefully it won't offended but be interesting for conversation. ;)
... design patterns are abstract designs that help identify the structure and elements involved in a specific design solution. From this, a concrete implementation can be produced.
Kyle Brown

Impressum Atnotes.de  -  Powered by Syslords Solutions  -  Datenschutz